Monday, November 21, 2011

11/22/11: Art Dump!


I was watching Ricky Gervais' "Out of England 2" stand up while doodling this one – hence the "Biological Exuberance – check out this book" bit scribbled ahahaha


More pose and hands drawing practice. And look! I'm halfway through my sketchbook already. 


PLANT! (more pose practicing) 

And the Fishing Tree preliminary sketches, ehehehe. 


I really like how the Cassandra Cain sketch on the bottom left turned out. 


Ugh, why did I draw pigtails??!! She looked so much better with slicked back hair... ;___;

I do like how the female monk warrior turned out on the bottom left. And hey, there's my foot. 


More pose practice. 


Some super sketchy storyboarding that turned into more pose practice


I was listening to Muse's "Take a Bow" while drawing this. I really like how that 'gun' turned out. Oh hey there's Catwoman in her Darwyn Cooke-inspired costume. 


One of my favorite pages in my sketchbook. I was really playing around with different poses and was coming up with a bunch of different ones I'd never really tried before; or, if I had, the poses turned out a lot better than they have in the past. 


A Catwoman-centric doodle page. If I have one grievance with Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" in the costume design department, it's the choice to have Catwoman running in ridiculously high stilettos. To me, that makes zero sense: why oh why would you put any poor person through that? Heels are not stealthy nor practical, and they're completely ridiculous to fight in, nonetheless run in. 

Personally, I think that if they had stuck with a stealth-inspired, ninja-esque look to Catwoman (aka NO HEELS), the costume still could have been practical and sexually attractive in a non-explicit way. I just have such a difficult time suspending belief whenever I see superheroines/female characters 'fighting' in heels. Heels are a serious impediment to any sort of practical movement. 

You want her hair to be out and possibly fly in her face while she's fighting and running about? Fine. You want her to be wearing a leather suit that takes three people to get her in? Fine. You want me to believe she can fight, jump and run around in heels? Sorry, no, that's pushing it for me. 


More fun drawing Cain in a alternative outfit. 


Another pose practice. I seriously need to get better at hands. And jesus, what kind of dialogue is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment